For more on the psychology of games, please visit my YouTube channel: Psychgeist.
I am currently the Research Director for Take This, a non-profit organization that provides mental health information and resources to the gaming community and industry. I am also the Chief Scientific Officer of Kitsune Analytics.
- Examining the links between unintentional learning, knowledge transfer, and psychological well-being within digital games
- Assessing Internet Gaming Disorder as a primary or secondary diagnosis
- Identifying initiates to better understand and mitigate dark participation within gaming cultures
- Reconceptualizing “video game involvement”
- Evaluating the potential for video game play to mitigate symptoms of PTSD among veterans
For more on the science behind the development of the stories within Pragmatic Princess, see BuildYourOwnCastle.com.
The Video Game Debate 2
Revisiting the Physical, Social, and Psychological Effects of Video Games
This student-friendly book provides an accessible overview of the primary debates about the effects of video games. It expands on the original The Video Game Debate to address the new technologies that have emerged within the field of game studies…
26 Superb Stories of Self-Sufficiency
An A-Z compilation of short stories about self-reliance designed for children aged 3-12+.
Within each story in Pragmatic Princess, the main character in is confronted with a typical childhood challenge (e.g., a fear of trying something new or…
New Perspectives on the Social Aspects of Digital Gaming
Expanding on the work in the volume Multiplayer, this new book explores several other areas related to social gaming in detail. The aim is to go beyond a typical “edited book” concept, and offer a very concise volume with several focal points that…
For the full catalog, please visit the Books page.